Location Map
Select Meeting date:


Dollar Community Council Meeting


Monday 20th March 2017


730pm, Dollar Civic Centre






Community Councillors



Nick Quinn (NQ) Chairman

PC Reg Ryles  

Stephen Leitch (SL) Treasurer

Gemma Geddes (GG) Secretary

Reed Ozreitch

Sarah Jane Burns (SB)

Sarah Gwynne (SG)

Boyne Stewart

Cllr A Campbell (AC)

Gregor Burns (GB)


Mike Walsh (MW)

Nick Poett (NP)









Nominated and Elected Office Bearers


Nick Quinn




Gemma Geddes


Stephen Leitch










1.    Law and Order



§  PC Ryles touched on parking tickets being issued in and around the local schools which appears to be being effective

§  PC Ryles drew attention to the 2026 public consultation notice the link can be found at http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/policing-2026



Awareness to be raised on Facebook around road safety (GB)  



2.    Minutes



§  To be approved at April Meeting  


Key to noticeboards to GG (KC)


Public meetings to be publicised


Brief for “youth liaison” to be designed.  

3.    Finance and Fundraising



Please see financial report along side



§  Renewals now due (March 2017)

§  Double draw in April due to SL absence





Young people from across four local community council areas have been consulted to find out what matters to them. EDF will now have a subcommittee of young people.


NQ keen for young person to be part of the DCC.






Treasurers Report to be displayed with Minutes  








Micro grant funding advertising on Facebook

Strategy for engaging young people in the election for post in DCC.





4.    Events Committee



§  Gala Planning on going

§  Duck race, following the same categories of costs for 2017.




Duck Race Saturday 13th May 2017




5.    Comms



§  Advertising invoices now raised just need to be distributed to local businesses




§  Ready for proof and approval – need to engage with IW

§  Contains Nuts designing – Attending April meeting for feedback and initial reaction

§  Holistic approach with community input to the on-going running of the site.



·         Going well, talk about using allocated budget for additional advertising and to reach wider audience.










Proposal to launch new site in June at the Dollar Gala – free wifi?


6.    Specific Matters


§  NQ nominated as Dollar Academy DCC governor representative

§  Next meeting end of march



§  NQ no update as no meeting

§  Museum to liaise with NP over desire to do some work on the burn  



§  JCCF – No meeting

§  East Burnfoot wind farm meeting – GG has docs for GB



§  BS provided some update on the activities around property acquisition from the economy group

§  Some lack of contact identified between DCT and DCC

§  Decision to be made around frequency of meeting with DCT and agenda

§  DCC one off meeting on Monday 10th April 2017 at King’s Seat to discuss liaison with DCT.





























7.    AOB

·         BS raised the query about funds allocated for development of football pitch and cemetery – NP advised BS of the progress and correspondence with CC.

·         Believe Kenny Mitchell can provide up to date record of progress.




Details of next meeting, Monday 24th April 2017 730pm Dollar Civic Centre


(not CAP availability Easter Monday)




Police Report


Dollar Community Council Meeting 20/03/2017










I am Police Constable 528 Reggie Ryles and I am the Ward Officer for Clackmannanshire East (Dollar, Muckhart, Forestmill and Clackmannan).  You can contact me by calling 101 and can be emailed at reg.ryles@scotland.pnn.police.uk




I am assisted by Police Constable 505 Barry Reiter, one of the Community Policing officers stationed at Alloa Police Office. You can contact him by calling 101 or by e-mail at barry.reiter@scotland.pnn.police.uk




Since the last meeting there have been 6 crimes recorded, 4 of which are detected.








About 0300hrs on 22/02/2017 at Bridge Street, Dollar a Theft by Housebreaking has occurred at a commercial premises, where a till base and a small quantity of consumable goods were taken.  This is undetected and there are positive lines of enquiry.




About 1000hrs on 22/02/2017 at Manse Road, Dollar a Theft has occurred where a male has taken an envelope containing a quantity of cash.  This is undetected and there are positive lines of enquiry.










About 1700hrs on 17/03/2017 at Campbell Street, Dollar a male has behaved in a threatening and abusive manner.  This is detected and the male was referred to the court.




About 0830hrs on 02/03/2017 at Bridge Street, Dollar a male has behaved in a threatening and abusive manner towards another driver.  This matter is undetected and there are positive lines of enquiry.










In the early hours of 25/02/2017 at King’s Seat public house, Dollar a female has assaulted a male within the premises by punching him once to the head to his slight injury.  This is detected and the female will be reported to the court.










About 2325hrs on 17/03/2017 at Bridge Street, Dollar a male was found driving his motor car with no excise licence (tax).  This is detected and the male will be referred for excise due on the car.




It should be noted that minor traffic offences are routinely detected and dealt with by police without the need for them to be recorded.








We continue to have speeding raised as a local issue and we will continue to carry out high-visibility speed checks in the area.




Parking Issues


PC Ryles and I continue to monitor parking issues around the schools and Bridge Street and take action and offer advice where necessary.  Recently, we have concentrated on Back Road, Dollar and there have been improvements in driver behaviour.






Community police officers have continued in their efforts to address local issues such as anti- social behaviour, parking issues and underage drinking. Please continue to report any concerns to police on 101 or directly to myself.


Any information regarding drug dealing or other criminality can be reported to police or Crimestoppers and can be done so anonymously.




Facebook and Twitter – Community Messages can be placed on local Police sites via one of the Community Sergeants, who are PS Scott Thomson 378 and PC 653 Graham Cadden. Both are based at Alloa Police Office.


Police Scotland have launched ‘Policing 2026’ - Policing 2026 is a collaborative and strategic programme of work established in 2016 by the Scottish Police Authority (SPA) and Police Scotland to establish a strategy for policing in Scotland to meet emerging and projected need over the next decade.


The strategy identifies ways to develop the range of policing services and increase the operational capacity of policing to focus on prevention and protection in the public, private and virtual space.


It sets out how Police Scotland can become a flexible and adaptable workforce to address new and changing demands and to improve outcomes for people, communities and places.


The strategy identifies the huge potential for new technology and new approaches to contribute to improved outcomes but recognises that these are not decisions for policing to take in isolation.


For more information about Policing 2026, please see










Facebook and Twitter – Community Messages can be placed on local Police sites via Community Sergeant.




Any relevant information can be passed on by contacting police on 101 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111.