Location Map
Dollar Museum

Set up in 1988, it occupies two floors of an early 19th century woollen mill (now called the Castle Campbell Hall), and has a wide-ranging Collection illustrating all aspects of the history of Dollar. It is located in Castle Campbell Hall opposite the north end East Burnside.

A major attraction is the Devon Valley Railway exhibition funded by a £4850 grant from Awards for All. It is based on 750 photographs from our DVR Collection and features three large display boards showing the history from opening to closure and a large map. All the photographs can be seen on a slide show and there is a display of items associated with the railway such as tickets, single line tablet, station signs, etc.

The museum also has a permanent display on the History of Dollar as well as a changing programme of temporary exhibitions, a children's corner and quizzes, Granny's kitchen and Reading Room with extensive collection of old photographs and local books.

Open Easter to Christmas: Saturdays 11 - 1 and 2-4:30, Sundays 2-4:30

For visits outside opening times please contact the Curator.

Our current temporary exhibition is Old Dollar Revisited, featuring many photographs and items from old Dollar plus displays on the Dollar Industrial and Loan Exhibition of 1890, the Burnside Fountain funded from the proceeds of that exhibition, J.E. Kerr of Harviestoun, Ella Christie of Cowden, and W.K. Holmes of Dollar, whose names will appear on plaques on the new seats beside the removated Fountain later this year.

www.dollarmuseum.org.uk

For more information Contact: Curator, Janet Carolan

Phone: 01259 742895 Email: Click to send